"described as 'holy serialism', his music encompasses plainchant, serial permutation and minimalism"
I'm currently studying for a degree in classical composition under Laurence Crane (previously Dr James Weeks) and hold the position of director of music at st agnes church, kennington park.
I was previously composer in association with the city chamber choir and have had my music performed by the likes of the
BBC singers, musicians from the LPO and the contemporary pianist Satoko Inoue.
as an organist and conductor, I've played and conducted at cathedrals such as westminster (cathedral and abbey), southwark, canterbury, peterborough, liverpool, belfast, oxford, hereford and abroad in paris and belgium. In 2017, I founded the Guildhall Schola Cantorum, who regularly sing evensong in cathedrals when the cathedral choirs are away.
as well as music, i spend time learning languages, traveling on trains, visiting churches and speed solving rubix cubes. i live in moorgate, central london.
• Most Promising Musician (HMF, 2010)
• Organist Recital Award (OfO, 2013)
• As above, second year running (OfO, 2014)
• Musician of the Year (BMDS, 2014)
• Credo for organ and ensemble (2016/17)
• Fragments from Macbeth for ensemble (2015)
• I will gather all the nations for SATB (2015)
• Symphony for Fives for orchestra (2015)
• Transubstantiation for solo d. bass (2015)
• Beck for string undectet (2015)
• Four and Five for flute and piccolo (2016)
• A child is born for SATB and piano (2015)